How do I weight the items in the grade center?
To weight items in the grade center, follow these steps:
- Under the “Control Panel”, expand “Grade Center”and click into “Full Grade Center”.
- Hover the mouse over “Create Calculated Column”, and choose “Weigh Column”.
- Enter the “Column name” and the “grade center column name”.
- Enter a “Description”.
- Choose the “Primary” and “Secondary” display type.
- Click on a “Column Name”, or a “Category”, and press the “Right Arrow” button.
- At the top left, beside the “Orange Asterisk”, enter the weighted value for that item.
- Continue to add items until the weight at the bottom displays 100%.
- Choose if the column will be a “Running Total”, which means only items taken by the student will be included in their grade.
- When satisfied, press the “Submit” button.