How do I create or respond to a thread?
In most Discussion forums you will be asked to create new threads and reply to your fellow students.
To create a new thread, follow these steps:
- Click “Discussion Board” in the “Course Menu” area.
- Open a forum.
- Click “Create Thread”.
- Enter the “Subject” and “Message”.
- Click “Browse” if you need to attach a file.
- Click “Submit” to create the new thread.
To respond to discussion postings, follow these steps:
- Click “Discussion Board” on the “Course menu” or from the “Communication Center”.
- Click on a forum link to open it and view the contents within.
- Open a message.
- Click “Reply” to respond to the message.
- Enter the “Message”.
- If you want to attach a file, click the “Attach a file” button and locate your file.
- Click “Submit” to post your reply.
View a video demonstration on creating and responding to discussion threads in myCourses below: