Copying a VoiceThread Between Instructors
Original author instructor:
- Go to the content area where the VoiceThread lives and open it.
- Click the three-line button in the upper-left corner of the VoiceThread and choose “Make a Copy”.
- Leave “Copy of” at the beginning of the new title, then choose “Include only my comments” from the drop-down list at the bottom.
- Click “Copy and open VoiceThread.”
- Click the “3. Share” button above the slides area.
- Click the “Contacts” button.
- Click the [+] button.
- Enter the email address of the instructor you would like to share this with in the Email field, then put their name in the Name field.
- Click “Save.”
- Click that instructors name on the list of contacts, then click the “Edit” icon on the right so that the option is highlighted green like View and Comment are.
- Click “Share”.
- Go to the content area you want this VoiceThread in, then use Tools > UMD VoiceThread to create this new VoiceThread link.
- Click on your new VoiceThread link.
- Choose “Individual VT.”
- The VT that was shared with you should show up on the left. Click on it.
- On the right, click the “Make a new copy to share” link.
- Tweak the title of this new copy to remove any “Copy of.”
- Click “Copy.”
- Click “Share with Class” then “Return to Course.”
- Click on the VoiceThread link again to be sure it worked.
- Click the “X” button in the upper-right corner of the VoiceThread.
- You should see the old “Copy of” VoiceThread listed on this page next to your new one that doesn’t start with “Copy of.” Place your mouse over that “Copy of” VT, then click the trash can.