How to Create a SafeAssignment
Creating a SafeAssignment is now easier than ever. Follow the instructions below to create a SafeAssignment for our course.
- Navigate to the content area in your course where you would like to place the SafeAssignment.
- Select Assessments from the menu bar and then Assessment from the drop-down list.
Create your assignment: Give it a name and include instructions and expectations for your students.
Set the due dates and points possible for this assignment.
- Click on Submission Details to open up the menu.
- Make any necessary changes to the submission style.
- Check off “Check submissions for plagiarism using SafeAssign.”
- Click Submit to add the SafeAssignment to the content area.
- To allow students to view their SafeAssign Report, check off “Allow students to view SafeAssign originality report for their attempts.”
- If your students are submitting multiple drafts/attempts to the same assignment folder, consider checking off “Exclude submissions from the Institutional and Global Reference Databases.” This will avoid false positives for plagiarism cause by a student’s paper being check against itself. When using this method of SafeAssignment, it is recommended that you create a separate SafeAssignment for the final draft. In most cases, you’ll want to include the final draft in the databases.